The UnlivingThe realm of the residing has been corrupted to its core and a typhoon is coming to trade the world order. This typhoon is you, a potent Necromancer, a sorcerer who denies dying and leads the legions of the useless. Clerics and lords desire to hide at the back of high walls, however there’s no stronghold to cowl them from your wrath. Smite masses of those standing for your manner and turn them into your tools on the way to a more reason. The Unliving is a dynamic rogue-lite action RPG with strategic elements. Raise the undead, use numerous spells and explore a mystical world, all realised with darkly extravagant pixel-art. Features
- TURN ENEMIES INTO YOUR UNDEAD ARMY – Each fallen foe can be resurrected and added to your army to create unlimited legions of the dead. These re-animated creatures have their own unique abilities, such as the undead Priest whose blessings in life, will now curse your enemies in death.
- CRUSH EVERYONE IN YOUR WAY – Only some of the living are helpless victims, the rest can retaliate against your forces. They hold the line, move in large groups and wield powerful abilities too. They cherish their lives and will not fall easily, so unleash hell as the Undead Lord to bring them to their knees.
- CONQUER UNCHARTED LANDS – The world is randomly generated for each run and is richly populated with an array of creatures, artefacts, secret rooms and deadly traps. Each part of the world is occupied by a variety of living inhabitants – invade villages and slay feeble peasants to reinforce your army or engage in a desperate fight to the death in the swamps against formidable foes.
- UNRAVEL THE MYSTERIES OF NECROMANCY – Collect cryptic notes, force answers out of your enemies and study the writings of the ancient artefacts to gather the lost memories of the Necromancer piece by piece as you reveal the nature of his immortality, the secrets of his phylactery companion and find out the grim truth about the supreme hierarchies of the Church.
- BATTLE EPIC BOSSES – The powerful creatures of this shadowy world will do all they can to stop you. Each boss has a unique fighting style and set of abilities, meaning deftness in combat and strategic thinking will be crucial in emerging victorious from these grueling encounters.
- DIE AND RISE AGAIN – The ability to deny death itself is the greatest secret of the Necromancer. Another mortal strike is merely a setback for him. Take a lesson from your death and don’t let your enemies catch you the same way twice.
Roguelite necromancer RPG The Unliving hits early access in October
Team17 Digital have announced that The Unliving will enter Early Access this October. The Unliving will enter Early Access on October 31st for Windows PC via Steam. The game also currently has a demo available as part of the Steam Next Fest. The previously detailed game is a roguelite RPG where you play as a nefarious necromancer waging war against humanity. Turn enemies into loyal servants by raising them from the dead to add them to your legion. Each undead minion has their own unique abilities that act as a mockery of their powers in life, such as a faithful cleric’s holy blessings turning into debilitating curses. Lead your armies into uncharted territory, conquering foreign lands and gaining access to increasingly powerful forbidden magics. You can find the Early Access date trailer below: You can find a rundown (via Steam) below: