David Dobrik’s ‘$one hundred,000 Puzzle’ became revealed round four months in the past, with the YouTuber freeing a series of puzzles with a QR code on them.
Once solved, members — who paid $30.00 for the puzzle — could visit the website online directed via the QR code, where they might discover in the event that they’d won everywhere from 25 cents to $a hundred,000.
Despite selling over forty eight,000 puzzles within the span of a single week, Dobrik’s project changed into nearly straight away met with backlash, with a few critics accusing the influencer of selling a kind of “playing” to his young lovers or even scamming his viewers.
Months later, a grand winner still had not been chosen, with all hype around the puzzles dying down in wake of the drama surrounding Dobrik and his Vlog Squad in March.
However, on March 25, a video was released from the 100k Puzzle’s official Instagram account, which showed what appear to be members of Dobrik’s team presenting the lucky winner with her $100,000 prize.
The emotional winner stated that she is a fifth grade teacher, who plans on using the money to buy supplies for her students, put a down payment on a house, and “finally get married.”
Despite the heartwarming tone of the clip, many critics are claiming the video is fake, as the $100k Puzzle organization had despatched emails to members only a day prior claiming that they’d just one week left to test of their solved puzzles.
This may have meant that nobody had solved the prevailing $one hundred,000 puzzle but, and is thus making viewers pretty skeptical of the March 25 video clip’s legitimacy.
Still others suggest that the team could have waited to announce the winner after the deadline — but either way, it seems that the overall response to the $100k Puzzle’s grand announcement hasn’t been a positive one.
David Dobrik reveals “exciting” backup plan if he got stuck in Europe
David Dobrik is one of YouTube’s more notable content creators. Best known for his chaotic, high-energy vlogs, Dobrik has amassed a hefty following of 18.3 million subscribers — an amount that dwindled during his recent scandals.
That being said, amid his grand return to content creation, Dobrik was finally granted documentation of his citizenship and permitted to leave the United States.
Dobrik immigrated to the country at six years old, and was protected under DACA. Should he have left without a green card, though, he wouldn’t have been allowed back inside U.S. borders for ten years. Now, he’s finally got his documents, and flew out to Europe with friends in celebration.
Unfortunately for the YouTuber, he ended up being stranded in Slovakia for some time after his friends were allowed to leave. Thankfully, he was able to make it back stateside a short while later — a kerfuffle he explained to paparazzi just four hours after landing in Los Angeles.
David Dobrik explains why he was stranded in Slovakia
“I went over to interview for my Visa and my inexperienced card,” he explained to a photographer status outdoor of a nightclub. “Which I became terrific, great excited about doing. When I leave to move interview, I’m taking the threat of, if the interview doesn’t go well, I can’t come again in.”
“I become lacking a few documents, so it took me a bit longer, so I became scared I became gonna have to stay in Slovakia,” he persevered. “But I’m lower back now, which I’m great stoked approximately!”
David Dobrik claims he was “excited” by prospect of staying in Europe
Despite the circumstances of his postpone in Slovakia, Dobrik admitted that he turned into sincerely enthusiastic about doubtlessly being barred from re-entering America, must one of these issue have virtually took place.
“I’d pass to Paris,” he replied while the paps asked him what he could do if he had been stranded indefinitely.
“There was a totally small threat I changed into gonna be caught,” he said. “I became in reality sort of enthusiastic about it, because I become like, that is gonna be a new bankruptcy in my life. I’m gonna pass, I’m gonna research French. I don’t recognise, I fell in love with it.”
For now, it looks like Dobrik’s Parisian dreams are on hold… but there’s no telling what the future will bring him and his travels once the global health situation settles down.
David Dobrik’s assistant Natalie allegedly called Vlog Squad victims “whores”
On September 24, Dominykas Zeglatias — better known as Durte Dom — posted a video to YouTube, “exposing the truth” alongside one of Dobrik’s former assistants, Casandra Ramos.
In the video, Dom recounts his memory of that night, in which he was accused of sexual assault. He adds that sometimes he had issues separating Durte Dom from Dominykas, admitting that he “f**ked up.”
Notably, Casandra had worked with Dobrik and the Vlog Squad at that time, and got tearful in the video when speaking about Dom and the text messages that had been exchanged between everyone involved.
Natalie criticized over alleged messages
It’s unclear from the messages who exactly is being referred to as “whores,” but many critics assume the conversation is about the victims who accused Dom of sexual assault.
Some commenters said that the messages and behavior were “tacky.”
— nyah:,) (@BABEYGiRLi) September 26, 2021
Others, such as Kt, said that the messages “really show her character.”
Doesnt matter if it’s about the victims or not. Calling other women whores and dirty girls is wrong. Really shows her character.
— Kt 🌹 (@katy_lady) September 26, 2021
At this point in time, it has not been proven that these messages are from Mariduena herself, or that they are referencing the women who accused Dom of sexual assault.
Dexerto has reached out to Mariduena’s representation for comment. They are yet to respond.
Durte Dom hits back at sexual assault allegations alongside David Dobrik’s former assistant
Content warning: This article contains subject matter that may disturb some readers. Discretion is advised.
In March 2021, David Dobrik was called out for a whole slew of purported issues that happened behind the scenes of his viral, short-form videos.
One such allegation included claims that former Vlog Squad member Durte Dom had sexually assaulted an intoxicated woman while Dobrik was filming one of his high-energy vlogs back in 2018.
It was also alleged that Zeglaitis, Dobrik, and crew purchased alcohol for underage drinkers, and that women present at the video filming were pressured to create content that “objectified [them].”
Nearly six months after these allegations came to light, Dom has returned to YouTube to dispute the claims, with an appearance by Dobrik’s former assistant, Cassandra.
In his eleven-minute video, Dom claimed that he “hasn’t done a good job of separating Durte Dom, the crazy party animal, guy that hooks up with a bunch of girls, and me, Dominykas.”
He went on to describe the purported events of the night in question, claiming that he, Hannah, and one of her friends went into his room to “hook up” after everyone at the gathering had started drinking.
Dom claimed that, while events were transpiring between the three individuals, David, Nick, Todd, and Jeff would “peek inside the room,” stating that the guys “didn’t say that there was anything was wrong, and didn’t feel any type of way and didn’t bring anything up.”
Zeglaitis then stated that Hannah had fallen asleep after their tryst was over, claiming that she’d had been “drinking more than the other girls” at the gathering.
He alleged that Hannah’s friend then helped her get dressed, and the crew left the party to go elsewhere.
Dom then shared several alleged text messages between himself and Hannah, which seemed to show an purportedly cordial relationship between the two.
Dom stated that, a few months later, Hannah texted him asking that Dobrik remove the video.
At this point in the video, Zeglaitis brought in Dobrik’s former assistant, Cassandra, to speak on the claims regarding the text messages that purportedly transpired between them.
Cassandra notably broke into tears during her testimony, claiming that Dobrik was “this guy that would make his friends drink pee” and hardly “philanthropic” when she first met him in 2017.
She went on to allege that, initially, Dobrik “did not want to take the video down.” She then claimed to have contacted a lawyer, who reportedly advised the group to remove the video.
“I know what we did that night wasn’t right. We shouldn’t have filmed that video. We shouldn’t have put you guys in that position.”
Dom’s video has been heavily criticized by viewers on YouTube. Both Hannah and David Dobrik have yet to comment on the situation at the time of writing.
Jake Paul & David Dobrik roasted in ‘Garbage Pail Kids’ inspired cards from MSCHF
The past year has seen countless influencers get into drama or face controversies online as a result of their actions or behavior. These creators have been widely ridiculed online, and although for some of them many months have passed since their drama, many fans still have not forgotten.
Now, art collective MSCHF has taken the criticism of certain influencers to the next level by parodying them in a number of hilarious ‘Garbage Pail Kids’ inspired trading cards. ‘Garbage Pail Kids’ was originally a series of trading cards released in 1985, that parodied the Cabbage Patch Kids dolls.
An image of the influencer-inspired cards emerged on the H3H3 subreddit on September 23, and features detailed cartoon recreations of ‘Trasha Paytas,’ ‘Jerk Paul,’ ‘David Dumbrik,’ and ‘Jackass James,’ (referring to James Charles.)
The cards include identifying features of each influencer’s respective controversy or career.
In David Dobrik’s card, he’s sitting on a crane that’s rolling over a body, which appears to be in reference to Jeff Wittek’s accident which happened after Dobrik swung him around on an excavator.
To reflect his boxing career, Jake Paul is wearing his belt and gloves, but is surrounded by flies.
The cards come as part of MSCHF’s second edition Boosted Packs collection, but unfortunately for fans looking to get their hands on some, they have already sold out. You are able to enter your phone number in order to get on the priority list for the third edition.